Coming August 2021 – International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme!
Tohoku International School is a candidate school* for the Diploma Programme (DP). This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. IB World Schools share a common philosophy- a commitment to high-quality, challenging, international education- that we believe is important for our students. Our teachers are busily preparing for this new curriculum to give students a rigorous, thought-provoking, hands-on education through the Diploma Programme.
We expect that in August 2021, the first group of Grade 11 students will enter the DP at Tohoku International School. Students in the DP take 6 courses, 3 which they select to be High Level (HL) and 3 which are Standard Level (SL). We are preparing for students to have the opportunity to study the following subjects:
● English Language & Literature (HL/SL)
● Japanese B Language (HL/SL) or Self-Taught (Home/Native) Language (SL)
● Geography (HL/SL)
● Mathematics: applications and interpretation (HL/SL)
● Biology (HL/SL) or Chemistry (HL/SL)
● Visual Arts (HL/SL) or Computer Science (HL/SL)